Applying for the Baden-Württemberg grant for students
The Baden-Württemberg grant promotes the international exchange.
It consists of four programme lines:
- for students
- for persons in employment
- for film production
- the Walter Hallstein programme
Duration of grant for students
Amount of grant for students
EUR 600 - 1,400
The universities take decisions in individual cases.
When taking this decision, they may, as an example, take into account:
- The distance of the partner university from Baden-Württemberg,
- Any tuition fees
- The living expenses in the host country
- Possible currency movements
- Special visa conditions
The international office or the other body of your university which is responsible for foreign activities.
- are enrolled at a university in Baden-Württemberg and wish to pursue a course of study or engage in research at a foreign partner university or are enrolled at a foreign partner university and wish to attend a university in Baden-Württemberg for the same purpose and
- have a mark of good to very good in your subject,
- show a willingness to undertake hard work and are ambitious
- are socially or politically engaged.
You must apply in writing. You can obtain the application documents from your university
The pre-selection of the applications is carried out by the university within the framework of the respective selection procedure and, if applicable, by agreement with the foreign university.
The Baden-Württemberg Foundation takes decisions concerning the awarding of the grants. The university will then inform you of the outcome.
31 March for the year of support which starts in the following autumn.
Attention: The application deadline may vary depending on the university
Please request further information from the competent authority.
The grants are allocated in accordance with the principle of reciprocity; for each student from Baden-Württemberg, a student comes from abroad.
You can find a detailed description of the grant on the "Baden-Württemberg-GRANT" pages
The German original version of this text was drafted in close cooperation with the relevant departments. Baden-Württemberg Stiftung released it on 20.08.2019. Only the German text is legally binding. The Federal State does not assume any liability for the translated texts.
In cases of doubt or if you have any questions or problems, please contact the relevant authorities directly.