Baden-Württemberg-STIPENDIUM - Scholarship for University Students
The Baden-Württemberg grant is a programme of the Baden-Württemberg Foundation in order to promote international exchange on the part of students and persons in employment.
It is aimed at students at universities, teacher training colleges, art and musical colleges, universities of applied sciences, universities of co-operative education and comparable partner universities in Baden-Württemberg.
- especially skilful students in the basic and advanced study periods, as well as PhD candidates at universities in Baden-Württemberg who wish to attend a course of study or undertake research at a partner university abroad and
- students of these partner institutions who wish to attend a university in Baden-Württemberg for the same purpose.
Duration of the grant
In the case of universities, the term of the grant can be between four and eleven months.
Amount of the grant
The universities have the option of developing individual customised solutions of between 500 and 1400 euros. When taking this decision, they may, as an example, take into account:
- The distance of the partner university from Baden-Württemberg,
- Any tuition fees
- The living expenses in the host country
- Possible currency movements
- Special visa requirements and similar.
The International Students’ Office or the other university office which is responsible for foreign activities.
- Have a mark of good to very good in your subject
- Show a willingness to undertake hard work and are ambitious
- Are socially or politically engaged and
- Are enrolled at a university in Baden-Württemberg or at a foreign partner institution.
You must apply to the university in writing. You can obtain the application documents from your university
Note: Highly skilled foreign students should apply to their home university. These will then forward on their nominations to the universities in Baden-Württemberg.
The pre-selection of the applications is carried out by the university within the framework of the respective selection procedure and, if applicable, by agreement with the foreign university.
The Baden-Württemberg Foundation takes a decision concerning the allocation of the grants and will notify you of the result via the university.
Note: The basis of the grant is a grant contract.
Please apply by 31 March for the year of support which starts in the following autumn. Please bear in mind that the application deadline may vary depending on the university.
You can obtain information concerning the required documents from the International Students’ Office of your university.
The German original version of this text was drafted in close cooperation with the relevant departments. Baden-Württemberg Stiftung released it on 22.08.2016. Only the German text is legally binding. The Federal State does not assume any liability for the translated texts.
In cases of doubt or if you have any questions or problems, please contact the relevant authorities directly.