Applying for membership of the State Chamber of Dentists
Dentists in Baden-Württemberg must register with the Federal Chamber of Dentists.
Membership in the chamber is obligatory.
Note: If a member of the chamber moves his/her dentist activity or place of residence abroad, without being professionally active, s/he is entitled to have voluntary membership in the Federal Chamber of Dentists.
Dentists, who are licensed to treat patients covered by the statutory health insurance as outpatients (so-called national heath patients), are also members of the Association of National Health Dentists Baden-Württemberg (Kassenzahnärztlichen Vereinigung).
In order to be a member of the State Chamber of Dentists in Baden-Württemberg,
- you must possess a dentist’s licence or
- Possess a permit to pursue the dental profession and
- exercise your profession in Baden-Württemberg or, if you do not exercise your profession, be resident in Baden-Württemberg.
Note: Dentists, who only have their place of residence in Baden-Württemberg, can only become a member of the chamber, if they do not work in their profession.
Dentists have to register in writing with the relevant regional Chamber of Dentists, in whose district they would like to work or in whose area they are resident. You can get the registration form required for the registration from the regional Chambers of Dentists.
After registration with the relevant regional Chamber of Dentists, you will receive a confirmation and the dental licence of the Baden-Württemberg Federal Chamber of Dentists.
You are obliged to register with the chamber within one month after starting your professional activity or becoming resident in Baden-Württemberg.
The enclosure of the registration tells you which documents you must submit.
Note: You must submit the documents in original form, as an officially certified transcript or as an officially certified copy.
- Registration: none
- Membership: Chamber contribution of varying amount (quarterly). The determination of the basis of the contribution takes place according to contribution groups, which the meeting of representatives of the Chamber of Dentists sets each year. The amount is comprised of the partial amounts for
- the Federal Chamber of Dentists,
- The State Chamber of Dentists and
- the respective District Chamber of Dentists.
- §§ 2, 3 Heilberufe-Kammergesetz (HBKG) (Kammermitglieder, Melde- und Auskunftspflichten der Mitglieder; Datenverarbeitung durch die Kammern; Verwaltungszusammenarbeit mit Behörden des Herkunfts- und Aufnahmestaates)
- §§ 1, 2 Beitragsordnung der Landeszahnärztekammer Baden-Württemberg
- §§ 1, 2 Meldeordnung der Landeszahnärztekammer Baden-Württemberg
The German original version of this text was drafted in close cooperation with the relevant departments. The Sozialministerium released it on 21.12.2016. Only the German text is legally binding. The Federal State does not assume any liability for the translated texts.
In cases of doubt or if you have any questions or problems, please contact the relevant authorities directly.