Applying for membership of the State Chamber of Psychotherapists
As a psychological psychotherapist and as a child and youth psychotherapist in Baden-Württemberg, you must register with the chamber of psychotherapists in Baden-Württemberg. Your membership entails certain obligations.
The Chamber’s main tasks include
- representing its members’ professional interests
- promoting their continuing and advanced training, and
- monitoring compliance with professional obligations.
Note: You can still be a voluntary member if you relocate your business activity abroad. This also applies if you move abroad but give up your work. Psychotherapists in training can also become voluntary members.
the Federal Chamber of Psychotherapists
You are obliged to become a member if
- you are a registered psychological psychotherapist, child and youth psychotherapist or
- have a permit to practise professionally in accordance with the Law Relating to Psychotherapists and
- your professional place of business or, should you not practise professionally, your place of residence are located in Baden-Württemberg.
Are you a citizen of a member state of the European Union (EU) or the European Economic Area (EEA) or another contracting state? In such a case, you do not need to register with the State Chamber of Psychotherapists if you are only practising your profession temporarily and occasionally. The requirement for this is that your place of business is located in a different European Member State.
You must register in writing. You can obtain a registration form from the State Chamber of Pharmacists or download it from the internet. Send these signed to the competent body with the necessary documents.
The State Chamber of Pharmacists enters new members into its members directory.
- Personal ID card
- Proof of academic grade
- Doctoral degree certificate
- Should you have trained as a psychotherapist: Proof concerning qualifications
- Should you have acquired other psychotherapy qualifications: Proof (only full certificates, no individual proof concerning participation in individual events)
- Proof of professional admission or proof concerning the permit to practise professionally in accordance with the Law relating to Psychotherapists
- Document concerning recognition as a professional doctor
- The registration form contains an information sheet, in which all necessary documents are listed
- Note: The proof of professional admission must be provided by you as a certified copy, all other documents as a single copy.
- §§ 2, 3 Heilberufe-Kammergesetz (HBKG) (Kammermitglieder, Melde- und Auskunftspflichten der Mitglieder; Datenverarbeitung durch die Kammern; Verwaltungszusammenarbeit mit Behörden des Herkunfts- und Aufnahmestaates)
- §§ 1, 2 Meldeordnung der Landespsychotherapeutenkammer Baden-Württemberg
- §§ 1 - 3 Umlageordnung der Landespsychotherapeutenkammer Baden-Württemberg
- Registration: none
- Membership: Annual contribution to different amounts. Depending on income and status, a reduced or minimum contribution is possible. You can obtain further information from the Chamber.
Note: Membership is free of charge for the following groups:
- Members who no longer practise their profession and who forgo the right of voting, selectability and membership in the representatives’ meeting.
- Psychotherapists in training
The German original version of this text was drafted in close cooperation with the relevant departments. The Sozialministerium released it on 16.03.2017. Only the German text is legally binding. The Federal State does not assume any liability for the translated texts.
In cases of doubt or if you have any questions or problems, please contact the relevant authorities directly.