Academic healthcare professions - Recognition of training - application
Have you successfully completed an advanced training course? If so, then you are normally entitled to hold a title indicating this training (for example, specialist doctor). Before you can use such a title, you must have your training recognised.
Note: Training in academic healthcare professions is regulated in the further education guidelines of the relevant chambers.
- For doctors: the Federal Chamber of Physicians Baden-Württemberg (Ländesärztekammer)
- For dentists: the Federal Chamber of Dentists Baden-Württemberg (Landeszahnärztekammer)
- For pharmacists: the Federal Chamber of Pharmacists Baden-Württemberg (Landesapothekerkammer)
- For psychotherapists: the Federal Chamber of Psychotherapists Baden-Württemberg (Landespsychotherapeutenkammer)
Note: The determining factor is which chamber you belonged to at the time you made your application. Even if you completed much of your advanced training in other Federal States, you must submit your application to your chamber in Baden-Württemberg.
For the conditions your further training must fulfil in order to be recognised, see the website of the chamber relevant for you. There you can also find appropriate further training opportunities.
You must apply for recognition in writing. You will get the required form from the competent chamber. Depending on the services available, you may be able to download it from the Internet.
For a list of the documents and evidence you must include with your application, see the application form itself.
- §§ 32 ff. Heilberufe-Kammergesetz (HBKG) (Weiterbildung)
- Weiterbildungsordnung der Landesärztekammer Baden-Württemberg
- Weiterbildungsordnung der Landesapothekerordnung Baden-Württemberg
- Weiterbildungsordnung der Landespsychotherapeutenkammer Baden-Württemberg
- Weiterbildungsordnung der Landeszahnärztekammer Baden-Württemberg
Fees in accordance with the relevant further education guidelines in combination with the fees regulation of the chamber, and the fees may vary
Release noteThe German original version of this text was drafted in close cooperation with the relevant departments. The Sozialministerium released the full description on 26.01.2016.
Only the German text is legally binding. The Federal State does not assume any liability for the translated texts. In cases of doubt or if you have any questions or problems, please contact the relevant authorities directly.