Applying for membership of the Federal Chamber of Pharmacists (Landesapothekerkammer)
Pharmacists in Baden-Württemberg must be members of the Federal Chamber of Pharmacists.
The Chamber’s main tasks include
- representing its members’ professional interests
- promoting their continuing and advanced training, and
- monitoring compliance with professional obligations.
Note: You can still be a voluntary member if you relocate your business activity abroad. This also applies if you move abroad but give up your work. If you are undergoing practical training in Baden-Württemberg in accordance with the licensing regulations for chemists (Approbationsordnung) (pharmaceutical trainee), you are entitled to voluntary membership for the duration of your practical training.
The Regional Chamber of Pharmacists for Baden-Württemberg
- be appointed as a pharmacist or have the licence to practice, or
- have a permit to pursue the pharmacist’s profession, and
- practise your profession in Baden-Württemberg or
- reside in Baden-Württemberg if you are not practising.
You must register in writing. You can obtain a registration form from the Regional Chamber of Pharmacists or download it from the internet.
The Federal Chamber of Pharmacists enters new members into its Members Directory.
You must provide evidence of all the information you give in your application form. You must enclose the following documents with your application:
- professional licence
- doctoral degree certificate
- evidence of advanced training
- if you operate or manage a pharmacy as a self-employed person and have a permit to distribute pharmaceutical products by mail order: a copy of the permit
Note: You must present originals or officially certified copies of these documents. A simple copy is sufficient evidence of your permit to distribute pharmaceutical products by mail order.
- §§ 2, 3 Heilberufe-Kammergesetz (HBKG) (Kammermitglieder, Melde- und Auskunftspflichten der Mitglieder; Datenverarbeitung durch die Kammern; Verwaltungszusammenarbeit mit Behörden des Herkunfts- und Aufnahmestaates)
- §§ 1 - 3 Beitragsordnung der Landesapothekerkammer Baden-Württemberg (Beitragspflicht, Beitragsfestsetzung, Art und Höhe der Beiträge)
- § 1 Meldeordnung der Landesapothekerkammer Baden-Württemberg (Allgemeine Meldepflichten)
- Registration: none
- Membership: Varying annual contributions
The assessment threshold may be your professional income and/or the scope of your professional activity. You can obtain further information from the Chamber.
Note: The following persons must pay an additional contribution alongside the basic contribution:
- holders of operating licences,
- leaseholders and
of public pharmacies and their branches. This is based on the revenues generated during the previous year (excluding value added tax).
The German original version of this text was drafted in close cooperation with the relevant departments. The Sozialministerium released it on 22.06.2015. Only the German text is legally binding. The Federal State does not assume any liability for the translated texts.
In cases of doubt or if you have any questions or problems, please contact the relevant authorities directly.